Intern - Strategic Resources - RDC
Number of Openings:
Duties and Responsibilities:
The State Farm Research Center offers University of Illinois students a unique internship opportunity at its
University of Illinois Research Park location. Interns will work on projects having direct application to State Farm’s research work and will include:
- Research Company, Consumer, and Industry trends
- Prepare written reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Research technology and innovation as it relates to State Farm Business Opportunities
- Department specific research initiatives such as: HR, Marketing, EIS, Public Affairs and Administrative Services.
- Work with Corporate Project Leads
- Present information to State Farm Management
Major/Minor in undergraduate/graduate studies in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering, Marketing, Statistics, English, Mathematics, Public Relations, Communications, Urban Planning, Psychology, the Technology & Management minor, etc. Convenient on-campus location with easy access to Campus Shuttles.
- Sophomore or above
- Preferred 3.0 minimum GPA overall and in major field of study
- Demonstrated ability to gather, interpret, and summarize information from multiple sources
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- General knowledge of business practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products Initiative and ability to work independently
Fall: 10-15 hours/week, any time between 7:30am-4:30pm, M-F
Convenient on-campus location with easy access to Campus Shuttles:
State Farm Research Center at the University of Illinois Research Park 2001 South First St. (Suite 102), Champaign, IL 61820
At the conclusion of the internship, individuals may be given consideration for further internship opportunities at the Research Center or for full time employment.
The Fall 2018 internship program at the State Farm Research and Development Center (RDC) provides an opportunity for 10-15 hours of paid research work per week. All majors are considered for this program. However, candidate selection will be aligned with competencies/skillsets required for project work identified.